Welcoming Our New Wolfpack WORKS Coaches

We are very excited to welcome our new Wolfpack WORKS coaches to our team!  Over the past few weeks, they have been getting to know the outstanding teachers, building-level administrators, and school district leaders with whom they will be working; and getting “into the swing of things” with the Wolfpack WORKS team.  We wanted to provide you with an opportunity to get to know them! They have each written an introduction below:

Nicole Fensel

I grew up in western Pennsylvania near Lake Erie.  I spent my time playing soccer, going to concerts, and enjoying the outdoors.  Living with lake-effect snow forced me to embrace my inner snow lover! I spent five years at the University of Pittsburgh, where I earned both my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.  After graduating, I hopped in my car and headed to North Carolina to look for a teaching position. After being hired at the end of my first interview, I moved to North Carolina and lived near Statesville until I began this new opportunity with Wolfpack WORKS.  Much of my career has been dedicated to building my expertise connected to reading research and instruction.  I have been so fortunate to work with amazing teachers and professors.  

In my free time, I like to read and listen to music.  My favorite music genre is Indie (or Indie Folk). I also like to spend time outdoors and enjoy visiting NC State Parks.  One of my most favorite things to do is to spend time with my friends and family. I am a proud daughter, sister, and aunt of one nephew.  Recently, I have tried to see a variety of Broadway musicals in Charlotte. CATS was my most recent show, and I thought it was amazing!  I am thrilled about this new job opportunity, and I look forward to making new friends and learning even more about literacy research and instruction!

Dana Melton

I am excited to start my Wolfpack WORKS journey! I am beginning my 19th year in education. I taught elementary school for twelve years before leaving the classroom to become an instructional coach. I’ve had various coaching roles that largely focused on improving literacy instruction. I have enjoyed partnering with teachers to support improving their overall instructional practices. I am very passionate about coaching and supporting teachers to improve student achievement. During my free time, I like to spend time with my husband and two young children. We enjoy our family time and often go places to have fun! We love sports: attending sporting events, watching our kids play sports, and watching sports on television–especially football and basketball. Family time is the best time! I look forward to working with beginning teachers, who are our future in education!

Elisha Cliette

I am honored and so excited about joining the Wolfpack WORKS team. I graduated from Fayetteville State University with my Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education. I received my Master’s degree from Pfeiffer University, and my add-on Licensure in Academically and Intellectually Gifted Education from Duke University. I spent 12 years in the classroom, teaching Grades K-3. I absolutely love teaching,  but was ready to spread my knowledge and love for the classroom with other teachers…which brought me to Wolfpack WORKS. It will be great to support new teachers in their classrooms. I know we will both learn so much from each other.

I enjoy working out at the gym, eating at great restaurants, drinking good coffee, and hanging out with friends–including my mom (she’s pretty awesome!). My absolute favorite place on Earth is the beach, as it is my “happy place”. I enjoy reading, though I don’t do it as often as I would like. I live for a good inspirational quote!  I love learning new things, meeting new people and challenging myself to be a little bit better each day. This is going to be a great year!

We look forward to a great year with Wolfpack WORKS with our new and continuing coaches!

Marina Wagemaker

Wolfpack WORKS Graduate Assistant

Leave a Response

Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.